10/03/2007

Live from the Conch Republic!

Greetings from the hottest, southernmost place in the US of A!  Youch!  I'm down here with the crew and their spouses...having a very pleasant, fun, relaxing, easy time.  I wasn't sure what to expect with nine people, many new faces and personalities.  But it has worked out very well.  We've done things together as a big group (tomorrow we go snorkeling in the Dry Tortugas) and in little groups.  We've had time to talk work, time to sing, lots of time to cook and eat, and time to just enjoy one another's company.

The week is going quickly now that we are on the downside of the week.  This is the point where you begin thinking about all the things you wished you had time for :)

Next week I will be in Philly on Thursday.  I have the results of my testing and will be meeting with Diane for lunch.  It's time to reconnect with BBBSA and hear what they have been thinking about my role at the agency.  I've pushed some ideas Diane's way...we'll see what is peculating.  I'm open to any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations before I go. 

My key question will be whether any change has occurred while I've been gone or has it remained status quo?  I realize the budget issues have been a priority.  My timing couldn't have been worse I suppose, but who knew?!  I know that there has been turnover in the last couple of months.  Not in the places that we perhaps need it.

I'm worried about some of you and the increasing pressure and pace.  I'm worried that you may not be able to hang on or that you, too, are burning out quickly.  I want to know how I can help...if I can.  I wish I could just shake the whole thing up like a snow globe and that when it settled, things would be better...calmer...focused.  Perhaps they're getting that way.  I'd like to know what you think.

OK...I'm trying to have faith and let things work in me and not be in so much control.  It's hard.  Lots of stuff to still work through in that arena :-)

No comments: