12/20/2007

The Final Sketch

Has it really been a month since I've written? Shame on me! Where are my priorities? I may have to set-up a Project Plan to make sure I stay with this :)

Tonight was the final night for the sketch class. I'm really gonna miss it. Of course, in the final hour, while Charlie was walking us through next steps (Sketch 201, getting a sketch selected to perform regularly at United Citizen's Brigade Theatre, managers/agents, pitching sketches, pitching pilots, trying to get on a writing team...), all those great ideas for sketches kept flooding my mind! The minute the pressure was off - wham!

So the key will be to capture these ideas now, while they're fresh. I think most of us in class will stay connected, and there's some interest in pitching a sketch to UCB and see if we can get a show scheduled. I tell ya, there are some funny folks in our class!

Sketch 201 classes are full, so I'll contemplate my next steps over the Holidays. In the meantime, keep an eye out for my teacher, Charlie Sanders, on Conan - once the writers strike ends!

No comments: