6/19/2009

A Letter from Dad's Sister

I received a letter from Aunt Betty today. She's dad's sister. At age 78, she's still been working full time. However, the firm she worked for shut its' doors last month and now she is home. Can you imagine spending all those years working, then suddenly having nothing? She feels so lost. I'm not sure that, at that age, I'd want to be re-inventing myself, trying to figure out my role, how my days will go....

She also gave me an update on her tree in the backyard. Some of dad and my Uncle Allen are scattered under the tree. Aunt Betty says there have never been so many flowers on the tree! I believe it. Dad loved to be out in the garden and yard: he trimmed the grass almost every night. Aunt Betty has a gorgeous yard, right at the foot of a big hill.

It's father's day this weekend. And the anniversary of dad's death in a couple of weeks. Am I ready?

No comments: