8/24/2007

Friday on the PGA Tour

Thanks to everyone for joining me for a drink Wednesday evening, especially after a long 2 days of meeting!  It was great to see your smiling (but weary) faces and spend a few moments checking in. 

Seeing you guys was very important to me because of accountability.  I do not take for granted the fact that this time away is at everyone's expense - some more than others - but all of you are effected by me leave.  I greatly appreciate your willingness (well...did you have a choice?)...your support during this period.  Seeing all of you reminded me that I owe it to all of us to make good use of this time and come back adding value!

So...I did it!  I finally got myself to a PGA Tourney, if only for one day!  And know what...I might like it even more than NASCAR!  I took the Metro-North train up to Rye NY, then a Shuttle to the Westchester Country Club.  I arrived at the club around 10:00am and left at 3:15pm - and was sitting back in my dining room by 5:30pm!

The most exciting part of the day - KJ Choi (seen on the right below), who is the first Korean to play on the PGA Tour, hit an eagle (2 shots under) on the 7th hole.  He was 98 yards away and hit an easy chip that bounced once and went right into the hole!  It was awesome!

I saw all of my favorite players except for Corey Pavin (also, Tiger skipped this tourney), walked a whole lot, got some sun and had a very restful, fun...it-was-an-all-I-imagined-it-would-be kind of time!

Like a Tank

I'm heading to Cape Cod in the morning.  I have all my books packed up - almost done with this week's book:  Last of the Mohicans.  I have a great 1,000 piece puzzle to work (a scene from Arizona) and 3 more books packed.  I love the Cape!  Walks during lowtide, floating in the Ocean, hangin' on the beach, reading, cooking, evening walks on the beach...I know I don't deserve a vacation, but I'm actually looking forward to it like a vacation!  Don't know if it makes sense...but life is usually different on vacation :)

I will try and get the next newsletter out, provided I can get on line (you know me...it's already drafted and just needs a final edit and typing!)  If I can't get on-line...

Have a great week - a big congat to Cindy M.!  Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

 

1 comment:

beccafain said...

Dear Editor of the AlmostNearly Ready,

It was with great consternation and dissention that I examined your article on magic carpets. This is pure nonsense and heresy. Everyone knows that the broom stick provides a much safer and faster mode of transportation, requires little to no "book learnin'" and is just better all around. What was BBBSA thinking !!!!

A concerned reader